Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2010

Walking in Sevilla's Shoes

Well, someone once said that it’s not about getting to the destination, but rather it’s all about the journey. Well I have news for them, in order to enjoy the journey there is one essential detail besides good company and that is comfortable shoes!! Let me just say that cobblestones and brick walkways are beautiful to look at, but they are a hazard to your feet and a disaster for your footwear. I swear after a week in Sevilla, my boots look like they have taken a beating and my feet feel have suffered the impact as well.

I have no clue how people here do not constantly break ankles and stumble over the less than flat stonewalls. For me each time I go out is an adventure, because along with figuring out my way I have to keep one eye on the pavement, or rather the lack there of to make sure that I make it to my destination in one piece.

But after almost a month here I have become accostomed to the area where I live and I don't mind the walking as much (this could also have to do with the fact that I am loosing my way much less often) and infact I rather like the walk to school and to the cafe.

1 comment:

  1. I bet you bought some comfortable shoes too. I have to say that I am looking forward to walking those cobblestone paths in June. G

    ReplyDelete